Hi! I’m Kristin Holt. Thanks for stopping by.
I recall the winter of my first grade year, basking in the heat from our fireplace in Kalamazoo, Michigan. Dad read aloud Madeline L’Engle’s A Wrinkle in Time and Mom peeled orange segments for us to enjoy. That was the definitive moment I fell in love with fiction.
My varied past includes:
- Attending 5 elementary schools, 2 junior highs, 1 high school, and 2 universities
- Working as an RN in Labor and Delivery and Certified Childbirth Educator
- Delusions of Medical School
- Piccolo section leader in marching band
- 7 surgeries (maybe 8…I’ve lost count)
- Collecting enough fabric, patterns, and notions to fill more space than my card-making paper supplies—and that’s really saying something
- Almost 29 years of marriage to one wonderful guy and raising our four children
- Residence in 7 states
- Visiting romantic locales: Costa Rica, Hawaii, the Panama Canal, Brussels, and Paris
- Shedding 70 pounds, working for Weight Watchers of SLC as Receptionist, Leader, and ultimately, Territory Manager
I’ve served as Vice President in my local chapter of Utah RWA and Chairperson of the 2015 SLC Readers Luncheon. Several of my titles achieved bestseller status on Amazon.com. On June 28, 2016, Mail Order Bride Collection: A Timeless Romance Anthology, reached #10 on the Bestseller list on Barnes & Noble, overall. One day earlier, this collection reached #19 overall on Amazon’s Kindle (paid) bestseller list. On July 7, 2016, this title debuted on the USA Today Bestseller list at #101.
I write frequent articles (or view easily on my Home Page) about the nineteenth century American west–every subject of possible interest to readers, amateur historians, authors…as all of these tidbits surfaced while researching for my books. I also blog monthly at Sweet Americana Sweethearts (first Friday of each month) and, in the past, blogged for Romancing the Genres, and Sweet Romance Reads where you’ll still find many of my true-to-history content.
I love to hear from readers. Please click on the CONTACT tab and drop me a note. Or find me on Facebook, including lots of fun group interaction between readers and authors of western historical romance (see green buttons, below).
Happy Reading!My Writing Process Why I Write Sweet (Wholesome) Romance #WhyIWriteHistoricals / #WhyIReadHistoricals Kristin’s Facebook Profile Kristin Holt, Sweet Victorian Western Romance Facebook PAGE Pioneer Hearts Facebook Group Pioneer Hearts? Find me on Pinterest Kristin on Google+ Goodreads
See my new page with resources for writers–everything I use, love, and recommend to writer friends. I don’t love it (and know it from first-hand use), it’s not listed. Check back often. I keep my pages constantly updated. This one will be a work in progress for a long while.